The Sixty Six bakery caught fire on the evening of 23 December, damaging a third of the ground floor shop.
But thanks to 14 firefighters and the “tireless work” of staff and family members, owner Simon Morris was able to re-open six days later.
He said: “We had a very unhappy Christmas with a lot of hard work cleaning for 12-14 hours a day. We cleaned and we cleaned and we cleaned. An electrician came in on Boxing Day for four days to get us up and running.”
Morris and his team ensured the shop was spotless, painted it, and took several trips to the local tip to clear the damage.
He added: “We’ve had fantastic support from staff and lots of lovely comments from customers praising us for being back open so quickly with minimum disruption. Usually a fire like this would cause a business to close for two or three months.”
London Fire Brigade confirmed that no-one was hurt in the blaze.
Simon Morris has owned Sixty Six for 28 years. He took it over from his father, who bought the premises in 1972.