The food-to-go business, which currently operates seven sites in the capital, including its latest outlet in Clapham Junction railway station, is also aiming to have between 20 and 25 branches within the next four to five years.
Ameen Pirbai, joint owner of Miss Ellie’s, told British Baker: “Along with our current sites, we will have a couple more outlets coming up in such locations as Charing Cross and Woolwich and Arsenal.”
He added that the company has received a lot of franchise enquiries online, around 80% of which come from the UK, and the remaining 20% are from individuals based internationally in locations such as Spain, Brazil, Ecuador and Germany.
“The franchising opportunities are looking promising; we hope to do this and attend a franchise exhibition in mid-2014,” Pirbai added. “By that time we should have things finalised and we will be in a better position to offer this.”
Miss Ellie’s operates in a variety of locations, including South Bank University, railway stations in Romford and Barking, as well as sites in Shepherds Bush, South Kensington and London Road. It serves a variety of wraps, sandwiches and paninis, along with hot drinks and snacks, with the business’ sourdough breads supplied by a local bakery.
The business was set up more than 40 years ago and was run by Candian-born Jon Cox, along with his family, in South Kensington selling pre-packed sandwiches.